China welcomes Indo-Pak PMs` proposed meeting at Mohali
Beijing: China on Tuesday welcomed a proposed
meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his
Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani on the sidelines of
the cricket World Cup semi-final at Mohali on Wednesday, saying
that improvement in Indo-Pak ties is conducive to peace and
stability in the region.
"India and Pakistan, both important countries in South
Asia, are China`s good neighbours, and the improvement of
Pakistan-India ties is conducive to peace and stability in the
region," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at
a media briefing here.
She was responding to a question about the proposed
meeting between the two Prime Ministers on the sidelines of
the World Cup semi-final between the cricket teams of the two
"We welcome India and Pakistan to establish contact and
a dialogue, and we support the two countries properly
addressing differences through dialogue and cooperation to
achieve common development," Jiang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees