China welcomes Indo-Pak PMs` proposed meeting at Mohali
Beijing: China on Tuesday welcomed a proposed
meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his
Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani on the sidelines of
the cricket World Cup semi-final at Mohali on Wednesday, saying
that improvement in Indo-Pak ties is conducive to peace and
stability in the region.
"India and Pakistan, both important countries in South
Asia, are China`s good neighbours, and the improvement of
Pakistan-India ties is conducive to peace and stability in the
region," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at
a media briefing here.
She was responding to a question about the proposed
meeting between the two Prime Ministers on the sidelines of
the World Cup semi-final between the cricket teams of the two
"We welcome India and Pakistan to establish contact and
a dialogue, and we support the two countries properly
addressing differences through dialogue and cooperation to
achieve common development," Jiang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains