China welcomes Indo-Pak PMs` proposed meeting at Mohali
Beijing: China on Tuesday welcomed a proposed
meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his
Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani on the sidelines of
the cricket World Cup semi-final at Mohali on Wednesday, saying
that improvement in Indo-Pak ties is conducive to peace and
stability in the region.
"India and Pakistan, both important countries in South
Asia, are China`s good neighbours, and the improvement of
Pakistan-India ties is conducive to peace and stability in the
region," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at
a media briefing here.
She was responding to a question about the proposed
meeting between the two Prime Ministers on the sidelines of
the World Cup semi-final between the cricket teams of the two
"We welcome India and Pakistan to establish contact and
a dialogue, and we support the two countries properly
addressing differences through dialogue and cooperation to
achieve common development," Jiang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir