CHOGM: Rajiv Gandhi`s statue vandalised in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Tension prevailed at Tirumuruganpoondi in nearby Tirupur district, where a statue of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was found vandalised in the early hours of today, drawing the ire of Congress workers.
Protesting the incident, about 60 Congress workers came out onto the streets and staged a demonstration, condemning it.
All of them were arrested, police said
A letter purportedly written by a pro-Tamil outfit, was said to be recovered from the spot, which asked the UPA government not to participate in the CHOGM scheduled in Sri Lanka later this month, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof