Chronology of major Naxal attacks
New Delhi: Following is the chronology of
major recent Naxal attacks in the country.
June 29, 2008: Maoists attacked a boat on Balimela
reservoir in Orissa carrying four anti-Naxalite police
officials and 60 Greyhound commandos, killing 38 troops.
July 16, 2008: 21 policemen killed when a police van was
blown up in a landmine blast in Malkangiri district of Orissa.
April 13, 2009: 10 paramilitary troops killed in eastern
Orissa when Maoists attack a bauxite mine in Koraput district.
April 22, 2009: Maoists hijack a train with at least 300
people on board in Jharkhand and force it to Latehar district
May 22, 2009: Maoists kill 16 policemen in the jungles of
Gadchiroli district in Maharashtra.
June 10, 2009: Nine policemen, including CRPF troops and
officers, ambushed by Maoists during a routine patrol in
Saranda jungles in Jharkhand.
June 13, 2009: Naxals launch two landmine and bomb
attacks in a small town close to Bokaro, killing 10 policemen
and injuring several others.
June 16, 2009: Maoists kill 11 police officers in a
landmine attack followed by armed assault. In a separate
attack, four policemen were killed and two others seriously
injured when Maoists ambush them at Beherakhand in Palamau
June 23, 2009: A group of motorcycle-borne armed Naxal
rebels open fire on Lakhisarai district court premises in
Bihar and free four of their comrades including the self-style
Zonal Commander of Ranchi.
July 18, 2009: Naxalites kill a villager in Bastar and in
a separate incident torch a vehicle engaged in road
construction work in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
July 23, 2009: A 40-year-old tribal killed by Naxalites
at Ettapalli taluka in Gadchiroli district.
July 27, 2009: Six persons killed when Naxals trigger a
landmine blast at Dantewada district in Chhattisgarh.
July 31, 2009: A special police officer and another
person killed by Naxals in Bijapur district.
Sept 4, 2009: Naxals kill four villagers in a forest in
Aaded village in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district.
Sept 26, 2009: Naxals kill BJP MP from Balaghat Baliram
Kashyap`s sons at Pairaguda village in Jagdalpur
Sept 30, 2009: Naxalites set ablaze Gram Panchayat offices
at Korchi and Belgaon in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra.
Oct 8, 2009: 17 policemen killed when Maoists ambushed
them at Laheri police station in Gadchiroli district of
Feb 15, 2010: 24 personnel of the Eastern Frontier Rifles
(EFR) killed as Maoists attack their camp in Silda in West
Midnapore district of West Bengal.
April 4, 2010: Maoists triggered a landmine blast killing
11 security personnel of the elite anti-naxal force Special
Operations Group (SOG) in Koraput district of Orrisa.
April 6, 2010: 75 CRPF personnel and a Chhattisgarh
police official killed in a naxal attack in Dantewada
May 8, 2010: Eight CRPF jawans were killed when Naxals
blew up a bullet-proof vehicle in Bijapur district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery