Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Thursday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature dipping by a few notches below normal in both states.
Dense fog also disrupted normal life in several areas including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Karnal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the region as mercury settled at 2.5 degrees C, lower by two notches than normal, Met office said here today.
Karnal saw a low of 4.4 deg C, down by three degrees below normal while Ambala and Bhiwani had a minimum of 6.5 deg C and 4.5 deg C respectively. Minimum temperature in Hisar was 4.6 deg C.
The minimum temperature in Chandigarh was 5.8 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 2.8 deg C while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a low of 5 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
Dry weather is forecasted in the area with fog and mist in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof