Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Thursday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature dipping by a few notches below normal in both states.
Dense fog also disrupted normal life in several areas including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Karnal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the region as mercury settled at 2.5 degrees C, lower by two notches than normal, Met office said here today.
Karnal saw a low of 4.4 deg C, down by three degrees below normal while Ambala and Bhiwani had a minimum of 6.5 deg C and 4.5 deg C respectively. Minimum temperature in Hisar was 4.6 deg C.
The minimum temperature in Chandigarh was 5.8 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 2.8 deg C while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a low of 5 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
Dry weather is forecasted in the area with fog and mist in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi