Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Thursday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature dipping by a few notches below normal in both states.
Dense fog also disrupted normal life in several areas including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Karnal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the region as mercury settled at 2.5 degrees C, lower by two notches than normal, Met office said here today.
Karnal saw a low of 4.4 deg C, down by three degrees below normal while Ambala and Bhiwani had a minimum of 6.5 deg C and 4.5 deg C respectively. Minimum temperature in Hisar was 4.6 deg C.
The minimum temperature in Chandigarh was 5.8 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 2.8 deg C while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a low of 5 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
Dry weather is forecasted in the area with fog and mist in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city