Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Thursday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature dipping by a few notches below normal in both states.
Dense fog also disrupted normal life in several areas including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Karnal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the region as mercury settled at 2.5 degrees C, lower by two notches than normal, Met office said here today.
Karnal saw a low of 4.4 deg C, down by three degrees below normal while Ambala and Bhiwani had a minimum of 6.5 deg C and 4.5 deg C respectively. Minimum temperature in Hisar was 4.6 deg C.
The minimum temperature in Chandigarh was 5.8 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 2.8 deg C while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a low of 5 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
Dry weather is forecasted in the area with fog and mist in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29