Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Thursday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature dipping by a few notches below normal in both states.
Dense fog also disrupted normal life in several areas including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Karnal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the region as mercury settled at 2.5 degrees C, lower by two notches than normal, Met office said here today.
Karnal saw a low of 4.4 deg C, down by three degrees below normal while Ambala and Bhiwani had a minimum of 6.5 deg C and 4.5 deg C respectively. Minimum temperature in Hisar was 4.6 deg C.
The minimum temperature in Chandigarh was 5.8 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 2.8 deg C while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a low of 5 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
Dry weather is forecasted in the area with fog and mist in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday