Common man will not be affected due to Jat agitation: UP Gov
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Friday
said that it will do the needful to ensure that common man
does not suffer due to the ongoing Jat agitation.
"We are aware of the problems being caused to people
especially common man. Chief Minister Mayawati has also
written a letter to Home Minister Friday for early solution of
the issue," Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh said
adding that as the matter pertains to demand of reservation,
which is in purview of the Centre, state could hardly do
anything to solve the problems of Jats.
Singh was speaking in a press conference called minutes
after Allahabad High Court`s directions to state and union
government to clear railway tracks as well and national
highways affected due to the Jat agitation.
"Till now Centre has held three meetings with Jat
leaders. We have no official information about that and
decision taken there...the state government is not aware
regarding these talks....The Centre should take us in
confidence on the issue..It`s a sensitive issue and we will do
the needful in this regard," Singh said.
Chief Minister Mayawati on March 10 supported the demand
of Jats and also appealed to them to take up the issue in
peaceful manner with the Centre and asked them not to resort
to ways that created problems, he added.
The agitation started on Mar 5 by Akhil Bhartiya Jat
Andolan Sangharsh Samiti (ABJASS) demanding reservation. Over
two thousand people blocked rail movement at Kafoorpur railway
station to press their demands, Singh said.
"Senior officers of Jyotibaphule Nagar, Ghaziabad had
talks with the Jat leaders but they did not relent", the
Cabinet Secretary said.
Narrating chronology, Singh said on March 8, a delegation
of Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) met Prime minister then on March
9 Union Cabinet Secretary met a delegation of Jat leaders and
on March 16 Union Home Minister met their delegation.
"Probably in these three meetings the issue of
reservation was discussed but the state government is not
aware of the developments", he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'