Computerised check-in system at IGI suffers glitch
New Delhi: Operations at the IGI airport here on Friday were hit after the computerised check-in and baggage handling system suffered a technical glitch, delaying some flights and causing inconvenience to the passengers.
The problem started at around 8.20 AM when the CUTE (Common User Terminal Equipment) software, which helps streamline reservation system at the airport and facilitates checking-in of passengers of individual airlines from a common terminal, developed a malfunction, forcing airlines to do the check-in manually.
The system, maintained by the airport operator Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), was restored at around 9.40 AM, a senior airline official said.
Due to the glitch, the airlines had to under taken manual operations, he said, adding that the airlines and passengers faced problems in boarding aircraft. The visual ground display system (VGDS), which helps aircraft dock at the boarding gates and marks the baggage to the designated baggage belt, was also not operational, airport sources said.
A DIAL spokesperson said, "A technical glitch was observed at T3 at 8.20 AM which was fully restored at 9.40 AM. This led to some interruption in passenger processing and information display services. All systems are fully functional now."
However, airline officials claimed though it was restored, it was functioning "erratically". The computer problem had occurred just after the peak hour departure rush.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal