Computerised check-in system at IGI suffers glitch
New Delhi: Operations at the IGI airport here on Friday were hit after the computerised check-in and baggage handling system suffered a technical glitch, delaying some flights and causing inconvenience to the passengers.
The problem started at around 8.20 AM when the CUTE (Common User Terminal Equipment) software, which helps streamline reservation system at the airport and facilitates checking-in of passengers of individual airlines from a common terminal, developed a malfunction, forcing airlines to do the check-in manually.
The system, maintained by the airport operator Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), was restored at around 9.40 AM, a senior airline official said.
Due to the glitch, the airlines had to under taken manual operations, he said, adding that the airlines and passengers faced problems in boarding aircraft. The visual ground display system (VGDS), which helps aircraft dock at the boarding gates and marks the baggage to the designated baggage belt, was also not operational, airport sources said.
A DIAL spokesperson said, "A technical glitch was observed at T3 at 8.20 AM which was fully restored at 9.40 AM. This led to some interruption in passenger processing and information display services. All systems are fully functional now."
However, airline officials claimed though it was restored, it was functioning "erratically". The computer problem had occurred just after the peak hour departure rush.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report