Cong appeals Opp to ensure smooth Parl session
New Delhi: With the opposition parties
closing ranks to raise the heat on price rise and other
issues, Congress on Friday appealed to them to allow smooth
functioning of Parliament to pass key bills including Lokpal.
"Parliament is for debate and discussion. We are ready
to discuss all issues. Many legislation important for people
of the country including Lokpal Bill and Judicial
Accountability Bill are being brought in this session.
"I urge all parties to allow smooth functioning of Lok
Sabha and Rajya Sabha during the winter session so that these
crucial bills can be passed," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi
told reporters here.
Maintaining that ensuring smooth functioning of
Parliament is "responsibility of all parties", Alvi urged the
Opposition to take a decision "rising above politics" in the
interest of the nation and the people.
The ruling party`s reaction came a day after the
Opposition parties indicated that the winter session starting
from November 22 is going to be a stormy one with CPI saying
that it will bring an adjournment motion to discuss
Government`s "failure" to implement the resolution adopted in
in the last session in Parliament to check spiralling prices.
While JDU-President and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav said
that all opposition parties will be united on the issue of
corruption, JP has said it will discuss a strategy for common
floor coordination with other parties during the session.
Government plans to take up 34 bills, while Opposition
wants discussion on around 45 issues during the session. They
include government`s move to introduce FDI in pension, caste
census, Telangana and recent developments in Indo-Pak ties
after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s SAARC visit.
The Monsoon session had failed to transact much business
despite heavy official agenda as opposition parties disrupted
proceeding over a range of issues, including Lokpal and 2G
The Winter Session last year was a total washout as a
determined opposition did not allow Parliament to run
demanding setting up of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to
probe the 2G scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!