Cong MPs from Telangana won`t attend Parl session
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana who
have resigned from Lok Sabha in support of demand for the
statehood would not be attending the parliament session
beginning on Monday.
According to G Vivek, an MP from Telangana region, the
ten MPs who have resigned would not be attending the
parliament session beginning from tomorrow.
"Our future course of action will depend on Speaker`s decision on our resignations. We will sit again and chalk out
our action plan," Vivek said.
Another MP from Telangana region, M Jaganatham said they
would not compromise.
"We resigned from the posts as per the aspiration of
Telangana people. There is no compromise on that. We will meet
tomorrow again in Delhi to decide future course of action,"
Meanwhile media reports suggested that Congress General
Secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad today called Rajya Sabha member K
Keshava Rao, who had resigned for the Telangana cause, over
phone and requested him to withdraw the resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside