Cong MPs from Telangana won`t attend Parl session
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana who
have resigned from Lok Sabha in support of demand for the
statehood would not be attending the parliament session
beginning on Monday.
According to G Vivek, an MP from Telangana region, the
ten MPs who have resigned would not be attending the
parliament session beginning from tomorrow.
"Our future course of action will depend on Speaker`s decision on our resignations. We will sit again and chalk out
our action plan," Vivek said.
Another MP from Telangana region, M Jaganatham said they
would not compromise.
"We resigned from the posts as per the aspiration of
Telangana people. There is no compromise on that. We will meet
tomorrow again in Delhi to decide future course of action,"
Meanwhile media reports suggested that Congress General
Secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad today called Rajya Sabha member K
Keshava Rao, who had resigned for the Telangana cause, over
phone and requested him to withdraw the resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred