Cong ridicules Kiran Bedi`s offer to return money
New Delhi: Ridiculing Kiran Bedi`s statement
that money she had overcharged from NGOs and other hosts would
be returned, Congress on Monday said by this yardstick if corrupt
people give back money, they too should be absolved of their
"This means if the corrupt people return money, they will
also be absolved of their crimes. Then why has A Raja been
kept in jail. Raja also returns money and comes out?" AICC
general secretary Digvijay Singh contended.
His reaction came after Bedi, under attack over charging
her hosts business class for economy class travel, today
offered to return the excess money collected.
Singh said the entire anti-corruption movement of Team
Anna was conceived and executed by RSS-BJP combine.
The Congress leader also said that BJP`s defence of
Arvind Kejriwal, another key Team Anna member, in the
controversy surrounding transfer of money to his NGO was
proof enough of the nexus between Team Anna and RSS-BJP.
Singh said on the micro-blogging community site Twitter
"BJP comes to defence of Kejriwal. Doesn`t that prove me
right? Complete nexus between RSS/BJP and Kejriwal. Anna ki
Singh later told reporterws," BJP has categorically
supported Kejriwal. It has vindicated once again what I have
been saying that the whole campaign of Anna Hazare and Ramdev
has been conceived, planned and executed by RSS and BJP."
Party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said people soon lose
faith in leaders, spearheading the movement against
corruption, not having a clean image.
Alvi also dismissed the arguments of Bedi for accepting
more money than she actually spent on visiting those NGOs
recalling that the former Chief Justice of India J S Verma and
even Team Anna member Santosh Hegde have said there was no
Taking a jibe at Kejriwal, Singh said that the former
claims to be an RTI activist and always talks about
transparency. So now, he should explain why the money which
was meant for India Against Corruption was transferred to his
"For what reason money taken for India Against Corruption
if is deposited in the bank account of another NGO," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'