Congress defends Shinde on Hindu terror remark
Jaipur: The Congress on Sunday defended Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde who provoked the BJP by saying its ideological mentor RSS was promoting Hindu terrorism in its training camps.
"After investigations, we have seen that be it the BJP or the RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh), their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism. This is a matter of concern," Shinde said at the All India Congress Committee session here.
"We have known this for long. Shinde had the courage to say it," Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar told reporters.
"There is no Hindu or Muslim terrorism. What he meant was right wing terrorism," said Minister of State for Parlianmentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla.
The BJP said Congress leaders should apologise for making the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog