Congress defends Shinde on Hindu terror remark
Jaipur: The Congress on Sunday defended Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde who provoked the BJP by saying its ideological mentor RSS was promoting Hindu terrorism in its training camps.
"After investigations, we have seen that be it the BJP or the RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh), their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism. This is a matter of concern," Shinde said at the All India Congress Committee session here.
"We have known this for long. Shinde had the courage to say it," Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar told reporters.
"There is no Hindu or Muslim terrorism. What he meant was right wing terrorism," said Minister of State for Parlianmentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla.
The BJP said Congress leaders should apologise for making the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days