Congress leaders suffering from "Modi-phobia": BJP
New Delhi: In a sharp reaction to Finance Minister P Chidambaram`s statement that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is a divisive figure, BJP on Monday said such leaders are suffering from "Modi-phobia" and a psycho-analysis test should be performed on them.
"Chidambaram and several other Congress leaders suffer from Modi-phobia. There is a need for a psycho-analysis test of such leaders," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi told reporters when asked about her reaction to the Finance Minister`s remarks.
Lekhi said the Congress leaders are using such language due to "failures" of UPA government as seen in "lack of governance" which the people are now well aware of.
She expressed her ire over the frequent targeting of Modi by Congress leaders.
"The UPA government is responsible for malgovernance and corruption", the BJP leader charged.
"Those using such language about Modi have scored century after century in corruption and their innings is still not over," Lekhi said.
Earlier, Chidambaram had told PTI that Modi is a divisive figure and there is a "lot of rebellion" within his party, starting from the top. He was apparently referring to the resignation by LK Advani over the elevation of Modi as BJP`s Election Campaign Committee Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state