Congress leaders suffering from "Modi-phobia": BJP
New Delhi: In a sharp reaction to Finance Minister P Chidambaram`s statement that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is a divisive figure, BJP on Monday said such leaders are suffering from "Modi-phobia" and a psycho-analysis test should be performed on them.
"Chidambaram and several other Congress leaders suffer from Modi-phobia. There is a need for a psycho-analysis test of such leaders," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi told reporters when asked about her reaction to the Finance Minister`s remarks.
Lekhi said the Congress leaders are using such language due to "failures" of UPA government as seen in "lack of governance" which the people are now well aware of.
She expressed her ire over the frequent targeting of Modi by Congress leaders.
"The UPA government is responsible for malgovernance and corruption", the BJP leader charged.
"Those using such language about Modi have scored century after century in corruption and their innings is still not over," Lekhi said.
Earlier, Chidambaram had told PTI that Modi is a divisive figure and there is a "lot of rebellion" within his party, starting from the top. He was apparently referring to the resignation by LK Advani over the elevation of Modi as BJP`s Election Campaign Committee Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!