Congress mouthpiece omits reference to PV Narasimha Rao in PM`s I Day speech
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may have hailed the contribution of PV Narasimha Rao in his Independence day address but the latest editorial of Congress mouthpiece has chosen to skip the late leader`s name while recalling PM`s reference to his predecessors.
The Prime Minister in his address "recalled the contributions made by stalwarts of our nation like Pt Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi who played an important role in building the destiny of the nation appropriately during their time", the Congress Sandesh editorial said.
In his address, the Prime Minister had also spoken about Narasimha Rao.
"In 1991, under the leadership of Rao, we successfully negotiated a major economic crisis and embraced reforms for strengthening our economy.
.........The refroms were in national interest and were therefore continued by all the governments that came to power subsequently," Singh had said.
Singh was the Finance Minister in the Rao government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog