Congress should take WikiLeaks seriously: Jaitley
Guwahati: Stating that phraseology like `opportunistic` was inconsistent with BJP`s views, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Monday hoped Congress would take WikiLeaks seriously on the `cash-for-vote` issue.
"Any comment or use of phrase used by a US diplomat such as `opportunistic` is completely inconsistent to views expressed by us. It is inconsistent to our phraseology or ideology. It is neither our view nor our ideology," Jaitley told reporters here.
"In response to our Congress friends (accusation)...now that they are taking WikiLeaks so seriously, I hope that they take it equally seriously on the cash for vote," he said.
Asked about his reaction to Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal slamming him for his remarks on Hindutva, he replied cryptically "Then they will probably have a lot more to answer."
"I clarified two days ago that some of the views in reference to me, particularly in relation to denial of visa to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi by the US government is our strong position against terrorism and infiltration in the Northeast. We are strongly expressing nationalistic views and this has been our course of ideology from the beginning", the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital