Congress should take WikiLeaks seriously: Jaitley
Guwahati: Stating that phraseology like `opportunistic` was inconsistent with BJP`s views, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Monday hoped Congress would take WikiLeaks seriously on the `cash-for-vote` issue.
"Any comment or use of phrase used by a US diplomat such as `opportunistic` is completely inconsistent to views expressed by us. It is inconsistent to our phraseology or ideology. It is neither our view nor our ideology," Jaitley told reporters here.
"In response to our Congress friends (accusation)...now that they are taking WikiLeaks so seriously, I hope that they take it equally seriously on the cash for vote," he said.
Asked about his reaction to Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal slamming him for his remarks on Hindutva, he replied cryptically "Then they will probably have a lot more to answer."
"I clarified two days ago that some of the views in reference to me, particularly in relation to denial of visa to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi by the US government is our strong position against terrorism and infiltration in the Northeast. We are strongly expressing nationalistic views and this has been our course of ideology from the beginning", the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video