Congress terms Delhi bus gang-rape unfortunate
New Delhi: Terming as "unfortunate" the gang-rape of a 23-year-old student here, Congress Tuesday hoped Delhi Police will take note of the incident and act expeditiously.
"The incident is very unfortunate and it should be condemned in the strongest possible words. We hope Delhi Police will take note of this incident and act expeditiously," party leader Manish Tewari told reporters outside Parliament.
To a suggestion of setting up fast track courts to expedite such cases and prevent recurrence of such incidents, Tewari said police can act swiftly and effectively withing the prevailing law.
The para-medical student was raped in a moving bus on last Sunday night and brutally assaulted by four men who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
So far, four accused have been arrested in connection with the incident. According to doctors, the girl is "better than yesterday" but she is still "not out of danger".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price