Congress workers protest against supporting AAP, burn Kejriwal`s effigy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) set to form government in Delhi with outside support from the Congress, several unhappy workers of the latter protested at party office here on Tuesday afternoon.
The Congress workers raised slogans against the party offering support to Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP.
Kejriwal is likely to take oath as Delhi chief minister on December 26 at Ramlila Maidan, along with his cabinet.
Angry Congress workers also burned an effigy of Kejriwal outside the party office, while raising slogans like `Anna ke sath dhokha, hum nahi denge Kejriwal ko mauka (Anna betrayed, we won`t give a chance to Kejriwal`.
While calling for withdrawing support to the AAP, party workers also sought meetings with newly-appointed DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Congress has offered issue based support to AAP for government formation in Delhi. The party had, however, offered unconditional support after the Assembly Election results.
As per the results, the AAP won 28 seats, three behind BJP`s tally of 31. The Congress was reduced to a mere eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state