Congress workers protest against supporting AAP, burn Kejriwal`s effigy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) set to form government in Delhi with outside support from the Congress, several unhappy workers of the latter protested at party office here on Tuesday afternoon.
The Congress workers raised slogans against the party offering support to Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP.
Kejriwal is likely to take oath as Delhi chief minister on December 26 at Ramlila Maidan, along with his cabinet.
Angry Congress workers also burned an effigy of Kejriwal outside the party office, while raising slogans like `Anna ke sath dhokha, hum nahi denge Kejriwal ko mauka (Anna betrayed, we won`t give a chance to Kejriwal`.
While calling for withdrawing support to the AAP, party workers also sought meetings with newly-appointed DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Congress has offered issue based support to AAP for government formation in Delhi. The party had, however, offered unconditional support after the Assembly Election results.
As per the results, the AAP won 28 seats, three behind BJP`s tally of 31. The Congress was reduced to a mere eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics