CPI(M) seeks CBI probe into PMO`s role in 2G scam
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Monday sought an CBI investigation into the role of Prime Minister`s Office in 2G telecom scam, saying he cannot absolve himself of his responsibility in the matter.
In a statement, the party Politburo also demanded that the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probing the spectrum allocation case should summon "both the Prime Minister and (former Telecom Minister) A Raja to testify".
Referring to the "fresh evidence" appearing in the media about the PMO`s role, it said the report on the file notings and documents of the PMO "reveals the complicity of the PMO in the illegal and arbitrary policies adopted by the then Telecom Minister A Raja in the 2G spectrum allocations".
Maintaining that it was "surprising that the CBI has not investigated this aspect" of the 2G case, the CPI(M) said, "The Prime Minister`s related efforts at distancing himself from the affair have also been exposed. The Prime Minister cannot absolve himself of his responsibility in the matter."
The party demanded that the role of the PMO should be "specifically enquired into by the CBI" and the JPC should summon both the Prime Minister and A Raja to testify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH