CPI(M) seeks CBI probe into PMO`s role in 2G scam
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Monday sought an CBI investigation into the role of Prime Minister`s Office in 2G telecom scam, saying he cannot absolve himself of his responsibility in the matter.
In a statement, the party Politburo also demanded that the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probing the spectrum allocation case should summon "both the Prime Minister and (former Telecom Minister) A Raja to testify".
Referring to the "fresh evidence" appearing in the media about the PMO`s role, it said the report on the file notings and documents of the PMO "reveals the complicity of the PMO in the illegal and arbitrary policies adopted by the then Telecom Minister A Raja in the 2G spectrum allocations".
Maintaining that it was "surprising that the CBI has not investigated this aspect" of the 2G case, the CPI(M) said, "The Prime Minister`s related efforts at distancing himself from the affair have also been exposed. The Prime Minister cannot absolve himself of his responsibility in the matter."
The party demanded that the role of the PMO should be "specifically enquired into by the CBI" and the JPC should summon both the Prime Minister and A Raja to testify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'