Criminal complaint filed against Bhushan for `defa
New Delhi: A lawyer has approached a local court here with a criminal complaint against Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan accusing him of "abusing and defaming" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lawyer D D Sharma filed the complaint in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Patiala House.
"The accused is in the habit of defaming and maligning top personalities of the country" and Bhushan should be prosecuted under section 500 (defamation) of Indian Penal Code, Sharma said in his complaint.
Bhushan was in the eye of a controversy for using a particular word against Singh.
However, he had claimed that what he said was that Singh`s honesty was used as a shield by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling