Criminal complaint filed against Bhushan for `defa
New Delhi: A lawyer has approached a local court here with a criminal complaint against Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan accusing him of "abusing and defaming" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lawyer D D Sharma filed the complaint in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Patiala House.
"The accused is in the habit of defaming and maligning top personalities of the country" and Bhushan should be prosecuted under section 500 (defamation) of Indian Penal Code, Sharma said in his complaint.
Bhushan was in the eye of a controversy for using a particular word against Singh.
However, he had claimed that what he said was that Singh`s honesty was used as a shield by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?