Criminal complaint filed against Bhushan for `defa
New Delhi: A lawyer has approached a local court here with a criminal complaint against Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan accusing him of "abusing and defaming" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lawyer D D Sharma filed the complaint in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Patiala House.
"The accused is in the habit of defaming and maligning top personalities of the country" and Bhushan should be prosecuted under section 500 (defamation) of Indian Penal Code, Sharma said in his complaint.
Bhushan was in the eye of a controversy for using a particular word against Singh.
However, he had claimed that what he said was that Singh`s honesty was used as a shield by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?