Criminal complaint filed against Bhushan for `defa
New Delhi: A lawyer has approached a local court here with a criminal complaint against Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan accusing him of "abusing and defaming" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lawyer D D Sharma filed the complaint in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Patiala House.
"The accused is in the habit of defaming and maligning top personalities of the country" and Bhushan should be prosecuted under section 500 (defamation) of Indian Penal Code, Sharma said in his complaint.
Bhushan was in the eye of a controversy for using a particular word against Singh.
However, he had claimed that what he said was that Singh`s honesty was used as a shield by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000