Criminal complaint filed against Bhushan for `defa
New Delhi: A lawyer has approached a local court here with a criminal complaint against Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan accusing him of "abusing and defaming" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lawyer D D Sharma filed the complaint in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Patiala House.
"The accused is in the habit of defaming and maligning top personalities of the country" and Bhushan should be prosecuted under section 500 (defamation) of Indian Penal Code, Sharma said in his complaint.
Bhushan was in the eye of a controversy for using a particular word against Singh.
However, he had claimed that what he said was that Singh`s honesty was used as a shield by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site