Custody of 6 IM modules extended till Feb 19
New Delhi: A court here on Saturday extended by a
fortnight the police custody of six of the seven alleged
Indian Mujahedin operatives arrested from across the country
late last year for their alleged involvement in firing and
triggering a bomb explosion near Jama Masjid in September
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav extended till
February 19 the custody till of Mohammed Qatil Siddiqui, Gohar
Aziz Khumani, Mohammed Adil, Mohammed Irshad, Gayur Ahmed
Jamali and Aftab Alam alias Farooq, who, the Special Cell
claimed, have confessed to their involvement in the blast.
The blast had taken place minutes after a shootout by two
men in which two Taiwanese tourists were injured.
The seventh IM module and 19-year-old Abdur Rehman,
arrested by the Special Cell, is in judicial custody.
Bangalore Central Crime Branch`s request for custody of
Aftab Alam alias Farooq, Siddqui, Jamali and Alam to ascertain
their roles in the Chinnaswami Stadium blast there in April,
2010, continues to be pending with the court.
All the seven accused are suspected of being involved in
various terror cases, including Pune German Bakery blast,
Chinnaswami Stadium blast, the Jama Masjid shooting and
September 7, 2011, blast at the Delhi High Court.
They were arrested recently by Delhi Police from various
places in Delhi, Bihar, Chennai and elsewhere in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended