CVC mulls technical audits of major ministries
New Delhi: In a move aimed at checking
corruption in government projects, the CVC is contemplating
frequent technical vigilance audits in major departments
involved in procurement works worth several crores.
According to official sources, a panel for technical
vigilance auditors (TVAs) has been formed and it would be
carrying out frequent audits of central government
departments and their procurement process.
"A panel of TVAs has been formed to audit procurement
work of major ministries and departments. The main purpose
behind this is to increase the scope of preventive vigilance
to check corruption. The Commission is finalising a blue print
for the working of technical vigilance auditors," a source
He said a meeting is likely to be held soon between the
stakeholders including Chief Vigilance Officers concerned and
CVC officials to earmark the departments or Public Sector
Undertakings for technical vigilance audits during this year.
"The main objective behind having TVAs is to narrow the
scope of corruption through preventive checks. It will inspect
and suggest ways to improve procurement works done by the
government departments," the source said.
The CVC gets a number of complaints alleging
irregularities in public procurement related works.
Sources said that procurement related works worth several
thousands of rupees are being carried out by almost all the
departments throughout the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog