CVC penalises 203 govt officials for corruption
New Delhi: As many as 203 government officials, including 20 from the Department of Telecommunications, have been penalised by the Central Vigilance Commission on corruption charges.
Of these, a highest of 21 are working in Indian Overseas Bank, 16 each in Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India and Ministry of Railways and 15 in Central Board of Excise and Customs, the CVC said in its performance report for July.
The penalised officials included eight from the Ministry of Coal, seven of Delhi Development Authority (DDA), five of Municipal Corporation of Delhi and six of UCO Bank, among others.
"The Commission advised imposition of major penalty against 33 officials of various ministries, departments or organisations including one joint secretary and legal adviser of Department of Legal Affairs, one IAS officer (Ex Vice Chairman, DDA), one general manager(P) of Air India," it said.
The Chief Technical Examiner`s wing of the Commission also submitted five technical examination reports which resulted in recovery of about Rs 1.34 crore during July.
The CVC had processed 2,832 complaints (including 67 from whistleblowers) during the month and sought investigation or factual report in 45 complaints from the ministries or departments concerned.
The probity watchdog also gave 34 vigilance clearances for empanelment of board-level appointments.
The Commission is concerned over continuing delay in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers in MMTC Ltd and Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days