CWC stunned over Reddy`s demise; lauds him for Cong revival
New Delhi: Congress Working Committee
met on Thursday to mourn the tragic and untimely passing away of
Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and passed a resolution saying it was
"stunned and shocked" by his sudden demise.
"The CWC is stunned and shocked by his sudden demise.
He played a pivotal role in the revival of the Congress Party
in the state after it had been in the opposition for almost
ten years," the resolution passed by the CWC said.
The CWC meeting was attended by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, AICC general
secretaries and other members.
Showering praise on Reddy, the resolution said "his
indefatigable campaigning across the state secured a decisive
mandate for Congress party in the 2004 assembly elections. He
used that mandate purposefully to impart a whole new direction
to the state`s development with an extraordinary emphasis the
welfare of farmers, irrigation, social security, scheme for
the weaker sections of the society, women`s self help
It was this outstanding record of achievements under
his leadership that returned the Congress party to power in
his state for a second term in 2009, the resolution added.
"Dr Reddy was a man of vision, courage and dynamism.
He was a man of the people. He connected with and inspired
people from all walks of life but particularly the poor, the
under privileged and the disadvantaged," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened