CWC stunned over Reddy`s demise; lauds him for Cong revival
New Delhi: Congress Working Committee
met on Thursday to mourn the tragic and untimely passing away of
Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and passed a resolution saying it was
"stunned and shocked" by his sudden demise.
"The CWC is stunned and shocked by his sudden demise.
He played a pivotal role in the revival of the Congress Party
in the state after it had been in the opposition for almost
ten years," the resolution passed by the CWC said.
The CWC meeting was attended by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, AICC general
secretaries and other members.
Showering praise on Reddy, the resolution said "his
indefatigable campaigning across the state secured a decisive
mandate for Congress party in the 2004 assembly elections. He
used that mandate purposefully to impart a whole new direction
to the state`s development with an extraordinary emphasis the
welfare of farmers, irrigation, social security, scheme for
the weaker sections of the society, women`s self help
It was this outstanding record of achievements under
his leadership that returned the Congress party to power in
his state for a second term in 2009, the resolution added.
"Dr Reddy was a man of vision, courage and dynamism.
He was a man of the people. He connected with and inspired
people from all walks of life but particularly the poor, the
under privileged and the disadvantaged," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what