Cyber space, a new domain of war: AK Antony
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of rising incidents of hacking of military networks, Defence Minister AK Antony on Monday said cyber space was the new domain of war and asked top Army brass to ensure security of critical information infrastructure of the force.
He said rapid growth and dependence on information and communication networks had positioned the cyber world and space as the new domains of fighting a war.
Hence, ensuring foolproof cyber security for information infrastructure would be a critical requirement, he said at the bi-annual Army Commanders` Conference here, according to an Army release.
In the recent times, several military systems have been attacked and it is feared that several important files may have been compromised.
Addressing the officers on the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir, Antony said, "Improvement in the security situation in J and K was due to the synergy between the Army, other security forces and support of the local people."
He asked the troops to strive tirelessly to uphold peace and security in J and K and emphasised the need to ensure that human rights are upheld in letter and spirit.
Antony credited the Army for playing a pivotal role in ensuring peace and security in the Northeast region.
The Defence Minister mentioned modernisation as a big challenge faced by the three services and said the solution lied in building a strong industrial base in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened