Cyber space, a new domain of war: AK Antony
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of rising incidents of hacking of military networks, Defence Minister AK Antony on Monday said cyber space was the new domain of war and asked top Army brass to ensure security of critical information infrastructure of the force.
He said rapid growth and dependence on information and communication networks had positioned the cyber world and space as the new domains of fighting a war.
Hence, ensuring foolproof cyber security for information infrastructure would be a critical requirement, he said at the bi-annual Army Commanders` Conference here, according to an Army release.
In the recent times, several military systems have been attacked and it is feared that several important files may have been compromised.
Addressing the officers on the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir, Antony said, "Improvement in the security situation in J and K was due to the synergy between the Army, other security forces and support of the local people."
He asked the troops to strive tirelessly to uphold peace and security in J and K and emphasised the need to ensure that human rights are upheld in letter and spirit.
Antony credited the Army for playing a pivotal role in ensuring peace and security in the Northeast region.
The Defence Minister mentioned modernisation as a big challenge faced by the three services and said the solution lied in building a strong industrial base in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding