Dal Khalsa counters Shinde on revival of Sikh militancy
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Friday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde accusing him of portraying Sikhs as mindless people fighting for the cause of Sikh independence at the instigation and encouragement of Pakistan.
In a statement party head H S Dhami took exception to Shinde`s observation in Delhi yesterday that Sikh militants allegedly based in Pakistan were under pressure from ISI to provoke trouble in Indian Punjab.
Terming Shinde`s statement as customary rhetoric, he said the statement though not new by any Indian leadership, was aimed at portraying Sikhs in bad light.
"There is a strong anti-Pakistan feeling prevailing in India deliberately created by a section of media and its intelligence agencies. By linking Sikhs with Pakistan, the Indian leadership was trying to kill two birds with one stone," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis