Dal Khalsa counters Shinde on revival of Sikh militancy
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Friday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde accusing him of portraying Sikhs as mindless people fighting for the cause of Sikh independence at the instigation and encouragement of Pakistan.
In a statement party head H S Dhami took exception to Shinde`s observation in Delhi yesterday that Sikh militants allegedly based in Pakistan were under pressure from ISI to provoke trouble in Indian Punjab.
Terming Shinde`s statement as customary rhetoric, he said the statement though not new by any Indian leadership, was aimed at portraying Sikhs in bad light.
"There is a strong anti-Pakistan feeling prevailing in India deliberately created by a section of media and its intelligence agencies. By linking Sikhs with Pakistan, the Indian leadership was trying to kill two birds with one stone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog