Dal Khalsa counters Shinde on revival of Sikh militancy
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Friday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde accusing him of portraying Sikhs as mindless people fighting for the cause of Sikh independence at the instigation and encouragement of Pakistan.
In a statement party head H S Dhami took exception to Shinde`s observation in Delhi yesterday that Sikh militants allegedly based in Pakistan were under pressure from ISI to provoke trouble in Indian Punjab.
Terming Shinde`s statement as customary rhetoric, he said the statement though not new by any Indian leadership, was aimed at portraying Sikhs in bad light.
"There is a strong anti-Pakistan feeling prevailing in India deliberately created by a section of media and its intelligence agencies. By linking Sikhs with Pakistan, the Indian leadership was trying to kill two birds with one stone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand