Dal Khalsa counters Shinde on revival of Sikh militancy
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Friday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde accusing him of portraying Sikhs as mindless people fighting for the cause of Sikh independence at the instigation and encouragement of Pakistan.
In a statement party head H S Dhami took exception to Shinde`s observation in Delhi yesterday that Sikh militants allegedly based in Pakistan were under pressure from ISI to provoke trouble in Indian Punjab.
Terming Shinde`s statement as customary rhetoric, he said the statement though not new by any Indian leadership, was aimed at portraying Sikhs in bad light.
"There is a strong anti-Pakistan feeling prevailing in India deliberately created by a section of media and its intelligence agencies. By linking Sikhs with Pakistan, the Indian leadership was trying to kill two birds with one stone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security