Dawood wants to be buried in Mumbai
New Delhi: After unleashing a reign of terror through his international crime syndicate and evading justice for decades, underworld don Dawood Ibrahim is now realising his Indian roots.
As per a report, Thursday, Dawood is critically ill – he had two massive heart attacks in the past two years - feels that his days are numbered; as a result, the 56-year old Karachi-based don’s health condition is being monitored 24X7 by a team of doctors and his family members.
However, as per the report, Dawood is already busy planning his end. He has instructed his men to find a suitable place for his burial in Mumbai or in his native town Khed in Ratnagiri district, close to the western metropolis.
Mumbai Crime Branch is also aware of the don’s desire to be buried in India. Himanshu Rai, chief of the Crime Branch, has been quoted as saying: “We have received credible inputs regarding this.”
Incidentally, Dawood had advanced the date of his younger daughter`s wedding a year ago after the second heart attack. While his elder daughter is married to former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad`s son; his son, the youngest of the three, married the daughter of a UK-based businessman sometime back.
Dawood is believed to be living under ISI`s protection in an upscale neighbourhood of Karachi. He escaped to Pakistan’s port city after engineering the Mumbai serial blasts in 1993 that killed over 250 innocents.
He is amongst the most wanted men in India and was branded a global terrorist by the US post 9/11. The dreaded don is also suspected to have provided logistical support to the 26/11 Mumbai attackers.
Although, Delhi has many times demanded that he be extradited but the Islamabad has held on to its view that he doesn’t live in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?