Decrease in import content of defence acquisitions: DRDO
New Delhi: The DRDO today said its sustained efforts have helped in reducing the content of imports in defence acquisitions from 70 per cent to 45 per cent.
"DRDO`s sustained efforts, supported by various stakeholders have brought down the import content of defence acquisitions from 70 per cent to around 45 per cent," the premier defence research agency said in a press release.
The claim by the DRDO comes at a time when the Defence Ministry is working with a renewed vigour to increase indigenisation to avoid scams in military procurement from foreign sources.
The DRDO said during the conference of its directors tomorrow to be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony, it will hold round-table discussions on the need to enhance the participation of private sector, with a view to accelerate indigenisation.
The conference will cover topics related to long term requirements of our armed forces and a technology development plan, meeting these requirements in the broader perspective of emerging technologies.
"The associated manufacturing technologies required to translate technological developments into quality products will also be the subject of discussion," the release said.
Round-table discussions would also be held to look at the future threat scenarios and the technologies required to meet the associated challenges, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today