Decrease in import content of defence acquisitions: DRDO
New Delhi: The DRDO today said its sustained efforts have helped in reducing the content of imports in defence acquisitions from 70 per cent to 45 per cent.
"DRDO`s sustained efforts, supported by various stakeholders have brought down the import content of defence acquisitions from 70 per cent to around 45 per cent," the premier defence research agency said in a press release.
The claim by the DRDO comes at a time when the Defence Ministry is working with a renewed vigour to increase indigenisation to avoid scams in military procurement from foreign sources.
The DRDO said during the conference of its directors tomorrow to be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony, it will hold round-table discussions on the need to enhance the participation of private sector, with a view to accelerate indigenisation.
The conference will cover topics related to long term requirements of our armed forces and a technology development plan, meeting these requirements in the broader perspective of emerging technologies.
"The associated manufacturing technologies required to translate technological developments into quality products will also be the subject of discussion," the release said.
Round-table discussions would also be held to look at the future threat scenarios and the technologies required to meet the associated challenges, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read