Defence canteen employees` strike ends
New Delhi: An over hundred-day strike by employees of the Unit Run Canteens (URCs) came to an end today with the defence forces agreeing to raise their existing emoluments by 15 per cent.
The three Services decided to accept the long-pending demand of URC employees of increasing their emoluments by 15 per cent.
All the striking employees, including temporary and casual, have been allowed to rejoin their duty with immediate effect, they added.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh had held a meeting with the URC employees on March 16.
It has also been agreed by all the parties to constitute a joint committee under the aegis of Quarter Master General, consisting representatives of the three services and members of the URCs.
The committee will submit its recommendations to the Chiefs of Staff Committee within three months, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem