Defence canteen employees` strike ends
New Delhi: An over hundred-day strike by employees of the Unit Run Canteens (URCs) came to an end today with the defence forces agreeing to raise their existing emoluments by 15 per cent.
The three Services decided to accept the long-pending demand of URC employees of increasing their emoluments by 15 per cent.
All the striking employees, including temporary and casual, have been allowed to rejoin their duty with immediate effect, they added.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh had held a meeting with the URC employees on March 16.
It has also been agreed by all the parties to constitute a joint committee under the aegis of Quarter Master General, consisting representatives of the three services and members of the URCs.
The committee will submit its recommendations to the Chiefs of Staff Committee within three months, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!