Defence canteen employees` strike ends
New Delhi: An over hundred-day strike by employees of the Unit Run Canteens (URCs) came to an end today with the defence forces agreeing to raise their existing emoluments by 15 per cent.
The three Services decided to accept the long-pending demand of URC employees of increasing their emoluments by 15 per cent.
All the striking employees, including temporary and casual, have been allowed to rejoin their duty with immediate effect, they added.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh had held a meeting with the URC employees on March 16.
It has also been agreed by all the parties to constitute a joint committee under the aegis of Quarter Master General, consisting representatives of the three services and members of the URCs.
The committee will submit its recommendations to the Chiefs of Staff Committee within three months, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31