Defence canteen employees` strike ends
New Delhi: An over hundred-day strike by employees of the Unit Run Canteens (URCs) came to an end today with the defence forces agreeing to raise their existing emoluments by 15 per cent.
The three Services decided to accept the long-pending demand of URC employees of increasing their emoluments by 15 per cent.
All the striking employees, including temporary and casual, have been allowed to rejoin their duty with immediate effect, they added.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh had held a meeting with the URC employees on March 16.
It has also been agreed by all the parties to constitute a joint committee under the aegis of Quarter Master General, consisting representatives of the three services and members of the URCs.
The committee will submit its recommendations to the Chiefs of Staff Committee within three months, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea