Defence canteen employees` strike ends
New Delhi: An over hundred-day strike by employees of the Unit Run Canteens (URCs) came to an end today with the defence forces agreeing to raise their existing emoluments by 15 per cent.
The three Services decided to accept the long-pending demand of URC employees of increasing their emoluments by 15 per cent.
All the striking employees, including temporary and casual, have been allowed to rejoin their duty with immediate effect, they added.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh had held a meeting with the URC employees on March 16.
It has also been agreed by all the parties to constitute a joint committee under the aegis of Quarter Master General, consisting representatives of the three services and members of the URCs.
The committee will submit its recommendations to the Chiefs of Staff Committee within three months, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief