‘Delhi gang-rape victim’s health critical but stable’
New Delhi: The condition of the 23-year-old gang rape victim deteriorated Tuesday night as her pulse rate reduced considerably but it recovered soon.
She, however, continues to be critical but stable, doctors attending on her said today. She continues to be on ventilator support in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
The medical bulletin on her health by the doctors at Safdarjung hospital, where she is being treated, was postponed twice as top heart specialists attended on her.
According to sources, her condition had deteriorated late last night as she had suffered from "bradycardia", with her pulse rate reducing, but she recovered within minutes.
Sources said her pulse rate has suddenly reduced to below 50 per minute but recovered within five minutes.
"Her condition continues to be critical but stable," a senior doctor said while confirming her bradycardia condition last night.
Top health specialists, including Naresh Trehan, were attending on the girl and held consultations with the panel of doctors looking into her health condition.
The medical bulletin on the victim`s health was to be issued at 4.30 PM but it was postponed to 6.30 pm, only to be put off again by the hospital administration.
Senior health officials, including the Director General of Health Services, held consultation with doctors attending on her.
There was heavy police deployment outside the hospital.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why