‘Delhi gang-rape victim’s health critical but stable’
New Delhi: The condition of the 23-year-old gang rape victim deteriorated Tuesday night as her pulse rate reduced considerably but it recovered soon.
She, however, continues to be critical but stable, doctors attending on her said today. She continues to be on ventilator support in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
The medical bulletin on her health by the doctors at Safdarjung hospital, where she is being treated, was postponed twice as top heart specialists attended on her.
According to sources, her condition had deteriorated late last night as she had suffered from "bradycardia", with her pulse rate reducing, but she recovered within minutes.
Sources said her pulse rate has suddenly reduced to below 50 per minute but recovered within five minutes.
"Her condition continues to be critical but stable," a senior doctor said while confirming her bradycardia condition last night.
Top health specialists, including Naresh Trehan, were attending on the girl and held consultations with the panel of doctors looking into her health condition.
The medical bulletin on the victim`s health was to be issued at 4.30 PM but it was postponed to 6.30 pm, only to be put off again by the hospital administration.
Senior health officials, including the Director General of Health Services, held consultation with doctors attending on her.
There was heavy police deployment outside the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months