Delhi HC blast: Wasim`s JC extended till Jan 31
New Delhi: The judicial custody of a Delhi
High Court blast accused Wasim Akram Malik was extended for
two more weeks by a city court.
Special NIA Judge H S Sharma extended Malik`s judicial
custody till January 31 in an in-camera proceeding after he
was produced before him.
Meanwhile, according to court sources, the judge also
allowed National Investigation Agency`s plea to secure the
handwriting specimens of Malik, a student of Unani medicine in
Malik was then produced before a metropolitan magistrate
who took his handwriting samples to be sent to the experts for
Another co-accused Amir Abbas Dev, lodged in Tihar Jail,
had been produced before the court yesterday and remanded to
judicial custody till January 30.
The probe agency has dubbed Malik as a `key link` in
the conspiracy behind the blast outside gate number 5 of the
High Court which killed 17 persons and injured over 90.
Dev, a Jammu and Kashmir native, was arrested by the NIA
for allegedly sending terror e-mails to media groups after the
September 7 blast last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'