Delhi, Hyderabad airports top complaint list
New Delhi: Over 2,800 complaints were
registered at various airports for issues like poor service,
bad food, lost luggage or other problems, with Delhi and
Hyderabad topping the list.
Out of 2,888, 587 complaints were registered at the Delhi airport while Hyderabad stood second with 236 complaints, followed by Bangalore and Nagpur airports with 186 and 170 complaints respectively.
Of the six private-run airports, Mumbai and Cochin registered the lowest number of complaints with 32 and 34 complaints respectively, official figures show.
Similarly, the airports run by Airports Authority of India were also not far behind.
Of the AAI-run airports, most number of complaints were received at Ranchi, Madurai, Ahmedabad, Calicut and Jaipur airports. Ranchi topped the list with 190 complaints followed by Madurai and Ahmedabad with 144 and 141 complaints. 117 at Calicut and 112 were registered at Jaipur and Calicut airports.
Of the metro airports, 82 complaints were registered at the Chennai airport while the least of 10 at the Kolkata airport, official figures show.
In 2009 and 2010, 2,503 and 2,220 complaints were received by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?