Delhi, Hyderabad airports top complaint list
New Delhi: Over 2,800 complaints were
registered at various airports for issues like poor service,
bad food, lost luggage or other problems, with Delhi and
Hyderabad topping the list.
Out of 2,888, 587 complaints were registered at the Delhi airport while Hyderabad stood second with 236 complaints, followed by Bangalore and Nagpur airports with 186 and 170 complaints respectively.
Of the six private-run airports, Mumbai and Cochin registered the lowest number of complaints with 32 and 34 complaints respectively, official figures show.
Similarly, the airports run by Airports Authority of India were also not far behind.
Of the AAI-run airports, most number of complaints were received at Ranchi, Madurai, Ahmedabad, Calicut and Jaipur airports. Ranchi topped the list with 190 complaints followed by Madurai and Ahmedabad with 144 and 141 complaints. 117 at Calicut and 112 were registered at Jaipur and Calicut airports.
Of the metro airports, 82 complaints were registered at the Chennai airport while the least of 10 at the Kolkata airport, official figures show.
In 2009 and 2010, 2,503 and 2,220 complaints were received by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption