Delhi: Three rape girl in moving car for 6 hrs
New Delhi: In yet another incident of sexual assault, three young men raped a 16-year-old girl in a moving car for about six hours in North Delhi, after abducting her from Kamla Market area on June 27.
The accused finally dumped her at Peeragarhi area late at night, at about 11.00 pm, threatening to release an MMS if she reported the matter to the police.
One of the accused, who works in a shop in the Sabzi Mandi area, was arrested late last night while the other two are still absconding.
The victim has alleged that she was burnt with cigarette butts every time she tried to seek help and was even filmed while the crime was being committed.
"She was returning from the Kamla Market area after her tuition and had reached the Ghanta Ghar area near Sabzi Mandi, usually a very crowded place, when the incident took place," an investigating officer told a newspaper.
"The girl alleged that she was raped when returning home on the evening of June 27. We have registered a case under IPC Sections 363 (kidnapping), 376 (rape) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt). We have arrested one of the accused, a resident of Punjabi Basti at Sabzi Mandi,” he added.
He added that the girl alleged she was abducted at around 5 pm and it was not until 11 pm that she was thrown out of the car.
According to the police, the victim is a student of Class 11 in a government school and lives in the Malkaganj area with her parents, two elder sisters and a brother. Her father is employed in a lower-rung job in a BPO.
The victim`s father said that the family was "shocked" when their youngest child refused to talk to them after returning home late that night. "She was just crying, refusing to go to school. Her sister found out about the burns on her body and coaxed her to come out with the truth. It was then that we approached the police," he said.
The victim told reporters she was walking down the road when a white Maruti pulled up beside her. "One of the youths in the car was the brother of one of my classmates whom I have known for the past two years. One of them was driving the car while the other two were sitting in the rear. One of them tried to pull me inside the car all of a sudden. I tried to pull away, but they tugged at my bag and pushed me inside the car. Every time I tried to roll down the window, they burnt me with cigarettes. I was thrown out of the car late in the night after they threatened to release an MMS if I complained," the victim explained.
This incident happened at a time when the Delhi Police Commissioner has claimed that the city had one of the lowest counts of rape per lakh of population across the world while trying to dispel fears about Delhi being an unsafe city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?