`Delivery of LCA scheduled in 12th Plan period`
New Delhi: The development of Light Combat
Aircraft (LCA) for its Final Operational Clearance (FOC) is in
progress and the delivery of the plane is scheduled to take
place in the 12th Plan period, the government told the Rajya
Sabha on Wednesday.
In a written reply to the House, Defence Minister AK
Antony said, "LCA development activities leading to Final
Operational Clearance are in progress... The deliveries of
Tejas aircraft are scheduled in the 12th plan period."
Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) is the nodal
organisation for the development of Tejas and Hindustan
Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is the production agency, he said.
On ways to strengthen HAL, he said the agency has
established ten research and development centres in order to
have focus on design and development activities in the field
of aeronautics and the investment in R&D has increased
from Rs 662 crores in 2007-08 to Rs 853 crores in 2011-12.
"A systematic approach has been adopted for upgradation
of infrastructure and technology with participation of private
sector. So far ten joint venture companies have been
established," Antony said.
He told the House that an expert group has been set up
under the Chairmanship of B K Chaturvedi, Member, Planning
Commission, to suggest measures to enhance the synergy
among HAL, the private sector and the civil industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs