Demand for PC`s resignation unacceptable: Vasan
Chennai: Defending Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram, Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Saturday said his
cabinet colleague had no role in the allocation of spectrum
and hence there was no justification in BJP-led NDA`s demand
for his resignation over the 2G scam.
"The demand is totally unacceptable and stalling Parliament
on this is totally unwarranted," he told agency here.
Asserting that Chidambaram had no role in allocation of
spectrum, he said there was no question of his resignation.
"Hence there is no question of his resignation," Vasan said.
Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal and Law Minister Salman
Khurshid had already explained the government`s stand on the
issue, he said.
"People are not prepared to buy the theory of BJP and its
allies that Chidambaram was involved in the scam," he said.
BJP has stepped up its demand for resignation of
Chidambaram after a Delhi court recently allowed Janata Party
chief Subramanian Swamy to depose as a witness and lead
further evidence in support of his private complaint against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda