Demand for PC`s resignation unacceptable: Vasan
Chennai: Defending Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram, Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Saturday said his
cabinet colleague had no role in the allocation of spectrum
and hence there was no justification in BJP-led NDA`s demand
for his resignation over the 2G scam.
"The demand is totally unacceptable and stalling Parliament
on this is totally unwarranted," he told agency here.
Asserting that Chidambaram had no role in allocation of
spectrum, he said there was no question of his resignation.
"Hence there is no question of his resignation," Vasan said.
Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal and Law Minister Salman
Khurshid had already explained the government`s stand on the
issue, he said.
"People are not prepared to buy the theory of BJP and its
allies that Chidambaram was involved in the scam," he said.
BJP has stepped up its demand for resignation of
Chidambaram after a Delhi court recently allowed Janata Party
chief Subramanian Swamy to depose as a witness and lead
further evidence in support of his private complaint against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues