Demand for PC`s resignation unacceptable: Vasan
Chennai: Defending Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram, Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Saturday said his
cabinet colleague had no role in the allocation of spectrum
and hence there was no justification in BJP-led NDA`s demand
for his resignation over the 2G scam.
"The demand is totally unacceptable and stalling Parliament
on this is totally unwarranted," he told agency here.
Asserting that Chidambaram had no role in allocation of
spectrum, he said there was no question of his resignation.
"Hence there is no question of his resignation," Vasan said.
Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal and Law Minister Salman
Khurshid had already explained the government`s stand on the
issue, he said.
"People are not prepared to buy the theory of BJP and its
allies that Chidambaram was involved in the scam," he said.
BJP has stepped up its demand for resignation of
Chidambaram after a Delhi court recently allowed Janata Party
chief Subramanian Swamy to depose as a witness and lead
further evidence in support of his private complaint against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred