Development of Gujarat due to Congress not Modi: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Reacting to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s speech in Imphal, Minister of Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Saturday said that the development of Gujarat was due to the Congress, and not because of Modi as he liked to claim.
"The primary question is that how much has Gujarat progressed in the past 11years? Whatever development has been witnessed in Gujarat is due to the Congress," said Tewari.
"Narendra Modi is ready to discuss about tea but is not ready to discuss his model of development. We challenge him to come on an open debate anywhere on his tall claims about development of Gujarat," he said.
"He hasn`t been coming forward as he does not have any answer to it, but he needs to come up with an answer. He can think about the nation`s development later," he added.
Addressing a rally in Imphal, Modi had said that the Congress government had terribly failed in developing the north east region.
He also said that the state in which Manipur is now was bleak and cited the example of Gujarat to draw a comparison.
He further said that Manipur has had the worst governments of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof