Difficult for BJP to come to power in 2014: RSS
New Delhi: Holding that BJP is suffering from
"Congress patch" in UP, the RSS has said it will be difficult
for the saffron party, which has a "bigger army of leaders
than workers" in the state, to come to power in 2014 Lok Sabha
elections unless it answers the questions posed by Assembly
In the editorials of its mouthpieces Organiser and
Panchjanya, the Sangh asked the BJP as to why it could not be
the choice for voters despite having an organised structure
and cadre in the state.
"In Uttar Pradesh, the BJP will have to think about the
bigger army of leaders than workers," it said.
The BJP has performed poorly in the elections and could
manage only 47 seats -- four less than it secured in 2007
polls -- in the 403-member UP Assembly.
Asking the BJP to look into the election results, the RSS
said, "Election results in UP have posed several questions and
their solutions have to be found well in time otherwise 2014
general elections can become `agneepath` (path of fire) for it
and crossing it to reach the centre of power can prove to be
The RSS alleged that the BJP is suffering from "Congress
patch" in the state and is disconnected from the people.
"In UP, the BJP too suffers from a Congress patch -
disconnect with its voters. So, it has lost half of its vote
share in the last one decade," it said.
"Core ideological issues, principled approach and
credibility of leadership are needed to sway the voter. More
than the party, the leader and more than the leader, his track
record (performance) determines poll outcome these days," the
editorial in The Organiser said.
The RSS said with the kind of casteist and communal
politics dominating UP, the BJP`s weakening there will
strengthen the fundamentalist forces as has been proven by the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know