Difficult for BJP to come to power in 2014: RSS
New Delhi: Holding that BJP is suffering from
"Congress patch" in UP, the RSS has said it will be difficult
for the saffron party, which has a "bigger army of leaders
than workers" in the state, to come to power in 2014 Lok Sabha
elections unless it answers the questions posed by Assembly
In the editorials of its mouthpieces Organiser and
Panchjanya, the Sangh asked the BJP as to why it could not be
the choice for voters despite having an organised structure
and cadre in the state.
"In Uttar Pradesh, the BJP will have to think about the
bigger army of leaders than workers," it said.
The BJP has performed poorly in the elections and could
manage only 47 seats -- four less than it secured in 2007
polls -- in the 403-member UP Assembly.
Asking the BJP to look into the election results, the RSS
said, "Election results in UP have posed several questions and
their solutions have to be found well in time otherwise 2014
general elections can become `agneepath` (path of fire) for it
and crossing it to reach the centre of power can prove to be
The RSS alleged that the BJP is suffering from "Congress
patch" in the state and is disconnected from the people.
"In UP, the BJP too suffers from a Congress patch -
disconnect with its voters. So, it has lost half of its vote
share in the last one decade," it said.
"Core ideological issues, principled approach and
credibility of leadership are needed to sway the voter. More
than the party, the leader and more than the leader, his track
record (performance) determines poll outcome these days," the
editorial in The Organiser said.
The RSS said with the kind of casteist and communal
politics dominating UP, the BJP`s weakening there will
strengthen the fundamentalist forces as has been proven by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31