Digvijay says RSS behind Baba Ramdev`s fast
New Delhi: Stepping up his attack on
Baba Ramdev, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday
alleged that RSS was behind the yoga guru`s indefinite fast
Frowning upon the protest action by the Baba, Singh
agreed with a questioner that the Yoga guru was playing
politics. "If you want to teach yoga, I have no problem, but
if you want to do politics, then join the fray".
Singh, who has been speaking against Ramdev despite a
virtual gag order by the party, alleged that it has been
crystal clear that the RSS volunteers were behind the Baba`s
"Right from putting up the pandal to organise the
meetings, everywhere there is RSS," he told reporters.
Singh had yesterday dubbed Ramdev of being "more of a
businessman than a Sanyasi".
Singh also took a dig at KN Govindacharya for
choosing Ramdev for launching the anti-corruption campaign
saying that this was not expected from the RSS ideologue.
The Congress leader also sought to find faults with
the method of teaching yoga by Ramdev saying that several yoga
experts have expressed reservation on it.
However, Singh said his party was in consultation with
Baba Ramdev and he should "respect" the fact that so many
senior ministers were involved in hammering out a solution to
the issues raised by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter