Digvijay writes to PM, seeks probe against Gadkari
New Delhi: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding a probe into allegations of dubious funding of companies run by BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
In his communication, Digvijay Singh urged the Prime Minister to ask the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to institute an inquiry by the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) into the matter, saying that, "a prima facie case does exist".
He was referring to reports related to the association of BJP chief with a Nagpur-based company Purti Power and Sugar Limited, regarding which "irregularities" have come to the fore.
"Gadkari has also said that he is open to a free and fair investigation. Being the National President of BJP, it is in the fitness of things that his case is properly investigated and he gets a fair opportunity to prove his innocence and clear his name," Singh said.
It is for the first time that any Congress leader has demanded a probe into the issue.
The Party has so far been maintaining that there should not be any politics on the private business of individuals and unless some investigating agency stumbles upon any irregularity, there is no need for Congress to target the BJP chief.
Singh has also attached with the letter a report compiled from information taken from the official site of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and said that findings of a TV investigation as well as this report make "some very pertinent points that requires serious attention."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!