DMK to flag Lanka`s alleged war crimes, Katchatheevu island issues in Parliament
New Delhi: DMK would demand a resolution for an independent inquiry into the alleged war crimes in Sri Lanka and raise the issue of retrieving Katchatheevu from Sri Lanka in the Winter session of Parliament.
Briefing reporters after an all-party meeting convened ahead of the winter session of Parliament here today, DMK Parliamentary leader TR Baalu said his party would also seek a discussion on the outcome of CHOGM summit held recently in Sri Lanka.
"A resolution on the floor of Parliament urging the government of India to prevail on the international community to come forward to set up a free, independent and transparent international inquiry into human right violations and war crimes committed by Sri Lankan government would be sought," he said.
He said the issue pertaining to defence cooperation with India to train Sri Lankan navy, which is allegedly committing atrocities against fishermen from Tamil Nadu would also be raised by DMK in Parliament.
Baalu also said retrieving Katchatheevu island from Sri Lanka and news reports on detained Indian fishermen being handcuffed in Sri Lanka would also be by DMK raised in the winter session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested