DNLF ultra nabbed in Assam
Haflong: An alleged cadre of the underground Dimasa National Liberation Front (DNLF) group was arrested at Hatikhali in south Assam`s Dima Hasao district.
The militant, identified as Son Khelma, was nabbed on Thursday when he came to collect extortion money from a bank in the area, police sources said on Friday.
The DNLF had about four years ago abducted at gun-point four surveyors for a Chennai-based private company from Khelma Basti village under Langting police station of the district.
The four were rescued by extremists of another insurgent outfit Dima Halam Daogah (Jewel faction) after an encounter between the two groups and handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Cairn tax dispute: India has to respond by Nov on $5.6 bn compensation demand, says CEO
- Vladimir Putin calls ban on Russia's Paralympic team inhumane
- Government should act on its words on Kashmir, says Congress
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- Brexit hits German business morale, Ifo index plunges