Doctors of Govt,Team Anna differ on activists` hospitalization
New Delhi: Doctors with government and Team Anna on Wednesday differed on hospitalisation of fasting activists, including Arvind Kejriwal who alleged that the official medical report was "fake" and refused to get admitted.
In his communication to the police, RML Medical Superintendent Dr T S Sidhu said the physicians who examined Anna Hazare and other fasting activists have "strongly advised" that Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai be "immediately" moved to hospital and admitted.
"It is requested that the action taken report on this matter should be urgently communicated" to him, Dr Sidhu`s letter to Delhi Police said.
However, Kejriwal dubbed the RML report as "fake" and alleged that the government was using it to get him admitted to a hospital.
"Delhi Police has sent a letter saying that RML doctors have said that we need to be hospitalised immediately. Our doctors say we don`t need hospitalisation but government doctors say the opposite.
"We are forced to think whether there is a conspiracy to take us to government hospital. Police has got a fake report from RML Hospital and we tell them that we will not be part of their conspiracy," he said.
Team Anna doctor Vipin Mittal said the health condition of the fasting activists did not warrant hospitalisation.
In its letter to Team Anna requesting hospitalisation of the activists, Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) K C Dwivedi warned that the organisers will be "squarely responsible" if anything untoward happens to the activists.
Dwivedi also said that Dr Vivek Arya and Dr Kanika of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and Dr Vipin Mittal and Dr Atul Gupta, attending to fasting actvists, have examined Hazare and three other activists.
"Today, Dr T S Sidhu, the Medical Superintendent of RML, forwarded the medical reports of Dr Arya for the past two days. This team of doctors has advised that Kejriwal, Rai and Sisodia need immediate medical intervention of a hospital and should, therefore, be shifted to one. Dr T S Sidhu has endorsed this view," the letter said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in