Don’t need allies who are against us: Narendra Modi to LK Advani
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister on his first visit to the national after being alleviated as the chief of the poll panel head of the BJP has reportedly told LK Advani that the party does not need allies who are against them.
Narendra Modi and Advani had an hour long meeting today. As per reports, the two discussed the political developments that have unravelled in the past few days, including the split with the JD(U).
According to sources, Advani told Modi that he had no problems with his appointment as the head of the campaign committee. The party patriarch also told the Gujarat CM that he had not resigned from all party posts due to the decision taken at the national executive meet of the BJP in Goa. However, Advani did convey his apprehension to Modi regarding the shrinking of the NDA.
Advani had resigned from key party posts after Modi’s elevation in the party in the Goa conclave and had expressed disillusionment at the way the Bhartiya Janata Party was functioning. He had also hit out at how some leaders in the party were only interested in pursuing their personal agenda. The senior BJP leader later withdrew his resignation after intervention by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Modi also met senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi today. “Modi ji has come to Delhi to express his gratitude over his recent appointment as chairman of the BJP campaign committee at Goa,” Joshi told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title