Don’t need allies who are against us: Narendra Modi to LK Advani
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister on his first visit to the national after being alleviated as the chief of the poll panel head of the BJP has reportedly told LK Advani that the party does not need allies who are against them.
Narendra Modi and Advani had an hour long meeting today. As per reports, the two discussed the political developments that have unravelled in the past few days, including the split with the JD(U).
According to sources, Advani told Modi that he had no problems with his appointment as the head of the campaign committee. The party patriarch also told the Gujarat CM that he had not resigned from all party posts due to the decision taken at the national executive meet of the BJP in Goa. However, Advani did convey his apprehension to Modi regarding the shrinking of the NDA.
Advani had resigned from key party posts after Modi’s elevation in the party in the Goa conclave and had expressed disillusionment at the way the Bhartiya Janata Party was functioning. He had also hit out at how some leaders in the party were only interested in pursuing their personal agenda. The senior BJP leader later withdrew his resignation after intervention by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Modi also met senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi today. “Modi ji has come to Delhi to express his gratitude over his recent appointment as chairman of the BJP campaign committee at Goa,” Joshi told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video