Don’t need allies who are against us: Narendra Modi to LK Advani
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister on his first visit to the national after being alleviated as the chief of the poll panel head of the BJP has reportedly told LK Advani that the party does not need allies who are against them.
Narendra Modi and Advani had an hour long meeting today. As per reports, the two discussed the political developments that have unravelled in the past few days, including the split with the JD(U).
According to sources, Advani told Modi that he had no problems with his appointment as the head of the campaign committee. The party patriarch also told the Gujarat CM that he had not resigned from all party posts due to the decision taken at the national executive meet of the BJP in Goa. However, Advani did convey his apprehension to Modi regarding the shrinking of the NDA.
Advani had resigned from key party posts after Modi’s elevation in the party in the Goa conclave and had expressed disillusionment at the way the Bhartiya Janata Party was functioning. He had also hit out at how some leaders in the party were only interested in pursuing their personal agenda. The senior BJP leader later withdrew his resignation after intervention by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Modi also met senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi today. “Modi ji has come to Delhi to express his gratitude over his recent appointment as chairman of the BJP campaign committee at Goa,” Joshi told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie