Don’t need allies who are against us: Narendra Modi to LK Advani
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister on his first visit to the national after being alleviated as the chief of the poll panel head of the BJP has reportedly told LK Advani that the party does not need allies who are against them.
Narendra Modi and Advani had an hour long meeting today. As per reports, the two discussed the political developments that have unravelled in the past few days, including the split with the JD(U).
According to sources, Advani told Modi that he had no problems with his appointment as the head of the campaign committee. The party patriarch also told the Gujarat CM that he had not resigned from all party posts due to the decision taken at the national executive meet of the BJP in Goa. However, Advani did convey his apprehension to Modi regarding the shrinking of the NDA.
Advani had resigned from key party posts after Modi’s elevation in the party in the Goa conclave and had expressed disillusionment at the way the Bhartiya Janata Party was functioning. He had also hit out at how some leaders in the party were only interested in pursuing their personal agenda. The senior BJP leader later withdrew his resignation after intervention by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Modi also met senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi today. “Modi ji has come to Delhi to express his gratitude over his recent appointment as chairman of the BJP campaign committee at Goa,” Joshi told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’