Durga Shakti Nagpal shifted to Kanpur
Lucknow: Less than a week after revocation of her suspension, Uttar Pradesh IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, who had taken on sand mining mafia in Gautam Budh Nagar district, was tonight posted as Joint Magistrate of Kanpur (Rural).
Nagpal, who was awaiting posting after the revocation of her suspension, had allegedly earned the wrath of the state government for her action against the mafia during her tenure as the Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar.
The 28-year-old officer was suspended on July 27 before her suspension was withdrawn on Sunday last after she along with her husband, also an IAS officer, had a meeting with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The suspension of the 2009-batch IAS officer had triggered a major controversy.
Besides Nagpal, 24 other IAS officers were transferred in an administrative reshuffle carried out by the state government which saw the posting of new district magistrates of Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Etah, Mirzapur, Banda, Ambedkarnagar Fatehpur and Kannauj, an official spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured