Durga Shakti Nagpal shifted to Kanpur
Lucknow: Less than a week after revocation of her suspension, Uttar Pradesh IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, who had taken on sand mining mafia in Gautam Budh Nagar district, was tonight posted as Joint Magistrate of Kanpur (Rural).
Nagpal, who was awaiting posting after the revocation of her suspension, had allegedly earned the wrath of the state government for her action against the mafia during her tenure as the Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar.
The 28-year-old officer was suspended on July 27 before her suspension was withdrawn on Sunday last after she along with her husband, also an IAS officer, had a meeting with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The suspension of the 2009-batch IAS officer had triggered a major controversy.
Besides Nagpal, 24 other IAS officers were transferred in an administrative reshuffle carried out by the state government which saw the posting of new district magistrates of Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Etah, Mirzapur, Banda, Ambedkarnagar Fatehpur and Kannauj, an official spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir