ED may register fresh PMLA case against Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate may register a fresh money laundering case against arms dealer Abhishek Verma for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss defence firm to keep it out of the government`s blacklist.
The ED, which has been probing Verma and his associates in the Naval war room leak case for alleged violations of forex and money laundering laws, has got new information based on the latest FIR filed by the CBI against the arms dealer.
The fresh case under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act could be registered on the basis of this CBI complaint against Verma, where he has been accused of taking USD 5,30,000 from Swiss firm Rheinmetall Air Defence AG (RAD) for using his influence to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated by the government against it after the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) scam had surfaced.
The agency has already gone through the recent complaint filed by Verma in a court alleging that his US-based business partner C Edmonds Allen, an American attorney, and Delhi- based Arjun Arora had duped him of Rs 55 crore, which was to be paid to him in lieu of his consultancy service to them.
The ED sleuths, according to sources, are in touch with Allen in this case.
Verma and his wife Ancia Neascu, arrested by CBI on June 8, are at present in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video