Emphasise on morality during IPS officers’ training to check corruption: Parliamentary panel
New Delhi: Special emphasis should be laid on ethical values and morality during training of fresh IPS recruits to fight the malaise of corruption in public life, a parliamentary panel has said.
The Department-Related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs said such emphasis should given in the training programme of officers trainee and the National Police Academy (NPA), Hyderabad, should teach probationers good policing practices which are practised globally.
"Modules on ethical values and morality should also be included in the Mid-Career Training Programmes as it is equally required at that stage as well," the Committee headed by BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said.
The panel said since policing has a bearing on the lives of individuals, police personnel, particularly officers, should possess high moral and ethical values so as to arrest the declining trend in quality and standard of public life.
"The Committee believes that when the pursuit of social commitment and integrity is effectively imbibed into police personnel irrespective of rank and file, the malaise and qualms of corruption could be eradicated from public life to a large extent," it said.
Observing that transparency and public accountability are a pre-requisite for good governance, the Committee recommended that the training modules prepared for probationers and also for in-service officers must cover lessons on ethical traits and moral behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video