Ex-Union Minister NKP Salve passes away
New Delhi: Former union minister and ex-BCCI
president NKP Salve passed away early Sunday morning at a
private hospital here due to age-related problems, family
sources said. He was 90.
He is survived by son Harish Salve, an eminent advocate,
and daughter Arundhati
He was admitted to the hospital a few days ago, where he
passed away, the sources said.
Born in Chhinwada, Madhya Pradesh, Salve was associated
with cricket administration for several years. Challenger
Trophy was named after him.
He had also been a minister at the Centre in charge of
steel and some other ministries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter