Ex-Union Minister NKP Salve passes away
New Delhi: Former union minister and ex-BCCI
president NKP Salve passed away early Sunday morning at a
private hospital here due to age-related problems, family
sources said. He was 90.
He is survived by son Harish Salve, an eminent advocate,
and daughter Arundhati
He was admitted to the hospital a few days ago, where he
passed away, the sources said.
Born in Chhinwada, Madhya Pradesh, Salve was associated
with cricket administration for several years. Challenger
Trophy was named after him.
He had also been a minister at the Centre in charge of
steel and some other ministries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway