Ex-Union Minister NKP Salve passes away
New Delhi: Former union minister and ex-BCCI
president NKP Salve passed away early Sunday morning at a
private hospital here due to age-related problems, family
sources said. He was 90.
He is survived by son Harish Salve, an eminent advocate,
and daughter Arundhati
He was admitted to the hospital a few days ago, where he
passed away, the sources said.
Born in Chhinwada, Madhya Pradesh, Salve was associated
with cricket administration for several years. Challenger
Trophy was named after him.
He had also been a minister at the Centre in charge of
steel and some other ministries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'