Ex-Union Minister NKP Salve passes away
New Delhi: Former union minister and ex-BCCI
president NKP Salve passed away early Sunday morning at a
private hospital here due to age-related problems, family
sources said. He was 90.
He is survived by son Harish Salve, an eminent advocate,
and daughter Arundhati
He was admitted to the hospital a few days ago, where he
passed away, the sources said.
Born in Chhinwada, Madhya Pradesh, Salve was associated
with cricket administration for several years. Challenger
Trophy was named after him.
He had also been a minister at the Centre in charge of
steel and some other ministries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!