Ex-Union Minister NKP Salve passes away
New Delhi: Former union minister and ex-BCCI
president NKP Salve passed away early Sunday morning at a
private hospital here due to age-related problems, family
sources said. He was 90.
He is survived by son Harish Salve, an eminent advocate,
and daughter Arundhati
He was admitted to the hospital a few days ago, where he
passed away, the sources said.
Born in Chhinwada, Madhya Pradesh, Salve was associated
with cricket administration for several years. Challenger
Trophy was named after him.
He had also been a minister at the Centre in charge of
steel and some other ministries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'