Fai figured in several cases in J&K: Police
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir police chief
on Wednesday said Ghulam Nabi Fai, Director of Kashmir American
Council, who was detained by the FBI for illegally lobbying US
lawmakers, has figured in several cases in the state in the
"He has been figuring in lots of things in the past,
like what US has already conveyed, the diversion of ISI funds
for anti-national activities in India and particularly in
Jammu and Kashmir," Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda
The DGP was here during an investiture ceremony at
Armed Police Complex at Zewan, 15 km from here.
Asked if the state police will push for Fai`s
extradition, Khoda said "let the things get cleared, there are
lots of things. We may follow them up."
The police chief said there was "lots of material"
against 62-year-old Fai, which needed to be scrutinised on the
basis of which action will be taken.
Khoda said they will wait for the outcome of Fai`s
"custodial interrogation" by the American agencies before
Meanwhile, Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed
Ali Shah Geelani today slammed Kashmir lobbyist Ghulam Nabi
Fai`s arrest in the US, saying it was unjustified and also
alleged that it carried out at New Delhi?s behest to weaken
the movement in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The arrest of Executive Director of Kashmir American
Council (Fai) is unjustified. It has been done at the behest
of India and under a conspiracy to weaken the movement of
Kashmiris at diplomatic level," Geelani said in a statement
Geelani called for peaceful protests against the
arrest after Friday prayers this week and urged the people of
Kashmiri origin living in Pakistan and other countries of the
world to join in the protests.
"If Fai is not released immediately, people of Kashmir
will be forced to conclude that international community has no
sympathy with the oppressed people and are instead taking
sides with the oppressors," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt