Fast-track 26/11 trial, India tells Pakistan
On Board Special Aircraft: India on Friday said that presenting of evidence by Pakistan on Mumbai terror attacks to a court there was a "little movement" as far as the accountability of the 26/11 strikes was concerned.
"We should go with open mind with a reasonable determination to push things in a direction we want," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told reporters accompanying him to Myanmar, responding to questions on Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s visit to India for talks and New Delhi`s expectations from it.
There should not be "great expectations" given the "constraints and limitations" in the relationship between the two countries, Khurshid said.
His comments came days after Pakistan`s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) presented evidence on 26/11 Mumbai attacks to a Rawalpindi-based anti-terror court.
Photographs of Lashkar-e-Toiba training camps in Sindh and motorboats used by the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai were among evidence presented to the court conducting the trial of LeT`s operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and six other Pakistanis charged with involvement in the 2008 strikes.
Khurshid is on his first bilateral visit to Myanmar since assuming office and will hold talks with the top leadership of the country, including Opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
The three-day visit of Khurshid is also a precursor to the discussions which will take place during Myanmar President Thein Sein`s India trip for ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit from December 20.
During his visit, Khurshid would meet his Myanmar counterpart and is scheduled to call on the President and other leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?