Five CRPF training centres set up
Coimbatore: Aiming at strengthening various capabilities of CRPF personnel, five training centres have been set up across the country, a top official of the
paramilitary force said here on Thursday.
"With 218 CRPF battalions posted across the country, it was necessary to strengthen their capabilities at special training centres and work on four such centres is in the completion stage. Besides, an intelligence school exclusively
for the force to gather information about activities of terrorists or extremists has also been set up," CRPF DG K Vijayakumar told reporters at Kurudampalayam, 25 km from here.
He, however, refused to give details of the locations of the Centres citing security reasons.
Sniper training, in which the participants will be trained to shoot down enemy from a distance of over two km, is being imparted to the force to tackle the left extremists, who were moving mainly in forest areas, Vijayakumar said.
The force is being given training in detection and handling of explosives of all types. They are also given jungle warfare training to combat attacks from hidden
extremists, he said.
"Ten COBRA units, with specialised training to tackle Naxalites, have already been set up, the services of which could be utilised anywhere in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi