Fog disrupts train operations
New Delhi: Dense fog disrupted rail services on Sunday as more than two dozen trains were re-scheduled from Delhi due to inordinate delays of incoming trains.
As many as 68 trains arrived here late, following which the Northern Railway announced re-scheduling of about two dozen trains while cancelling three others.
The Gujjar agitation, which entered the sixth day today, also caused the delays, a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
He said the delays ranged from two to 24 hours. Several Rajdhani trains, including the ones coming from Thiruvananthapuram, Howra, Bhubaneshwar and Sealdah arrived here four to eight hours behind schedule.
Railways also cancelled two trains -- Marudhar Express and Haridwar-Ajmer Express.
New Delhi-Ajmer Shatabdi Express will remain cancelled tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price