Fog disrupts train operations
New Delhi: Dense fog disrupted rail services on Sunday as more than two dozen trains were re-scheduled from Delhi due to inordinate delays of incoming trains.
As many as 68 trains arrived here late, following which the Northern Railway announced re-scheduling of about two dozen trains while cancelling three others.
The Gujjar agitation, which entered the sixth day today, also caused the delays, a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
He said the delays ranged from two to 24 hours. Several Rajdhani trains, including the ones coming from Thiruvananthapuram, Howra, Bhubaneshwar and Sealdah arrived here four to eight hours behind schedule.
Railways also cancelled two trains -- Marudhar Express and Haridwar-Ajmer Express.
New Delhi-Ajmer Shatabdi Express will remain cancelled tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon