Foreign funding for NGOs: BJP seeks white paper
Madurai: BJP has demanded that the Centre come
out with a `white paper` on the issue of non-governmental
orgaganisations getting foreign funds and "working against
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had indicated that some NGOs
were protesting against the Koodankulam Nuclear Project at the
instance of some foreign organisations, P. Muralidhar Rao, BJP
National Secretary told reporters after attending the party`s
state level meeting last night.
Singh had in an interview to a magazine hinted that
protests around Koodankulam were often funded by some NGOs
based in the United States and Scandinavian countries.
The Prime Minister`s statement mujst be based on some
authentic information, Rao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win