Foreign funding for NGOs: BJP seeks white paper
Madurai: BJP has demanded that the Centre come
out with a `white paper` on the issue of non-governmental
orgaganisations getting foreign funds and "working against
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had indicated that some NGOs
were protesting against the Koodankulam Nuclear Project at the
instance of some foreign organisations, P. Muralidhar Rao, BJP
National Secretary told reporters after attending the party`s
state level meeting last night.
Singh had in an interview to a magazine hinted that
protests around Koodankulam were often funded by some NGOs
based in the United States and Scandinavian countries.
The Prime Minister`s statement mujst be based on some
authentic information, Rao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'