Four Indians charged with murder of compatriot
Singapore: Four Indian nationals were charged on Thursday by a Singapore court with the murder of a compatriot on New Year Day.
Ramasami Rabinhood (25), Bose Muruganandham (32), Raja Arul (22) and Palanisamy Vijayakumar (26) were part of a group accused of murdering 24-year-old Boobalan Palanikumar.
They were drinking in the park, according to local media reports.
The alleged offence took place near Jurong Lake Park on the western industrial region of Singapore on New Year`s Day.
Palanikumar was one of the few men found injured at the scene. He died in a local hospital the next day.
Police said it received a call at 1 am on Tuesday about a fight in the park.
All four were in remand at Central Police Division for investigations.
They will appear in court again on January 10, the Straits Times reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45
- Meher Malik is driving internet crazy with her terrific belly moves on 'Game of Thrones' theme song!- Watch
- Axis Bank Q1 profit dips 21% at Rs 1,556 crore
- France to supply artillery to Iraqi Army: Hollande
- Hindalco's 2015-16 net profit plunges 95% to Rs 44.8 crore