Four Indians charged with murder of compatriot
Singapore: Four Indian nationals were charged on Thursday by a Singapore court with the murder of a compatriot on New Year Day.
Ramasami Rabinhood (25), Bose Muruganandham (32), Raja Arul (22) and Palanisamy Vijayakumar (26) were part of a group accused of murdering 24-year-old Boobalan Palanikumar.
They were drinking in the park, according to local media reports.
The alleged offence took place near Jurong Lake Park on the western industrial region of Singapore on New Year`s Day.
Palanikumar was one of the few men found injured at the scene. He died in a local hospital the next day.
Police said it received a call at 1 am on Tuesday about a fight in the park.
All four were in remand at Central Police Division for investigations.
They will appear in court again on January 10, the Straits Times reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti