Four Indians charged with murder of compatriot
Singapore: Four Indian nationals were charged on Thursday by a Singapore court with the murder of a compatriot on New Year Day.
Ramasami Rabinhood (25), Bose Muruganandham (32), Raja Arul (22) and Palanisamy Vijayakumar (26) were part of a group accused of murdering 24-year-old Boobalan Palanikumar.
They were drinking in the park, according to local media reports.
The alleged offence took place near Jurong Lake Park on the western industrial region of Singapore on New Year`s Day.
Palanikumar was one of the few men found injured at the scene. He died in a local hospital the next day.
Police said it received a call at 1 am on Tuesday about a fight in the park.
All four were in remand at Central Police Division for investigations.
They will appear in court again on January 10, the Straits Times reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical